Wax melt burners are a delightful addition to any space, infusing your surroundings with captivating fragrances. However, to maintain their beauty and functionality, it's crucial to know how to clean them properly. In this blog article, we will take you through the steps of cleaning your wax burner effectively. From the initial setup to tackling stubborn wax residue, we've got you covered. Let's keep the glow alive!
How to Clean Your Wax Burner?
Wax melt burners require regular cleaning to ensure they work efficiently and look their best. Follow these simple steps to keep your burner in pristine condition.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you begin, assemble the following supplies:
- A clean, dry cloth
- Mild dish soap
- Warm water
- Cotton swabs
- Paper towels
Unplug and Cool Down
Always start by unplugging your wax melt burner and allowing it to cool down completely. Safety first!
Remove Wax Residue
- Gently scrape off any leftover wax using a plastic or wooden tool. Be careful not to scratch the burner's surface.
- For stubborn wax, place the burner in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will make the wax brittle and easier to remove.
- Once the wax is frozen, use a plastic scraper to lift it off the burner. Be patient and gentle to avoid damaging the surface.
Wash with Warm Soapy Water
- Fill your sink with warm water and add a few drops of mild dish soap.
- Submerge the wax melt burner in the soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to gently scrub away any remaining wax residue and dirt.
- Rinse the burner thoroughly with clean water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- For intricate designs or hard-to-reach areas, use cotton swabs soaked in warm, soapy water to clean thoroughly.
- Ensure that all traces of wax and grime are removed.
Reassemble and Test
Once your wax melt burner is completely dry, reassemble it, plug it in, and test it with a new wax melt. Enjoy the rejuvenated fragrance in your space!
Can I use harsh chemicals to clean my wax melt burner?
It's best to avoid harsh chemicals as they can damage the burner's finish. Stick to mild dish soap and warm water for safe and effective cleaning.
How often should I clean my wax melt burner?
Cleaning your burner every 2-4 weeks, depending on usage, will help maintain its performance and appearance.
Is it safe to put my burner in the freezer?
Yes, placing your burner in the freezer is a safe way to remove stubborn wax. Just be sure to handle it carefully.
Can I clean the wax dish separately?
Yes, you can remove the wax dish and clean it separately using the same method described above.
What if my burner has an electrical issue after cleaning?
If you experience any electrical issues after cleaning, unplug the burner immediately and seek professional assistance.
Can I use the same wax melt after cleaning?
It's best to use a new wax melt after cleaning to ensure the freshest fragrance and optimal performance.
Cleaning your wax burner is a simple yet essential task to ensure it continues to provide you with delightful scents and beautiful ambiance. By following these steps and tips, you can effortlessly maintain your burner's appearance and functionality. So, keep the glow alive and enjoy the soothing aromas in your space!
Exploring Serathena's Range
Serathena offers an expansive selection of wax melts and much much more!. Whether you're seeking the comfort of classic scents or the intrigue of contemporary artwork, their range has something for everyone. Explore categories like:
- Simply the Best Wax Melts: Curated for discerning fragrance enthusiasts, this collection boasts the finest and most beloved long lasting scents.
- Art by Cindy: Infused with artistic creativity, this collection introduces an artistic dimension to Serathena with Personalised artwork.
- Handmade Wooden Home Accessories: Enhance your home decor with elegant and handmade accessories that complement your home.
- Personalised Lithophane: Elevate gifting with a personalised touch, combining fragrance and sentiment in a unique way.